Interested homeowners often begin looking into solar by going on the web. There are many good resources on the web for investigating solar, for gathering basic information, and for beginning the process of considering whether a PV solar electric system is a good choice for you. You’ll find some good links below for continuing your research.
Here are some basic qualifiers for solar — if you answer “yes” to one or more of these questions, then solar is worth investigating further:
- Do you own your home?
- Do you pay high electric bills? More than $100 in the average month?
- Are your electric bills higher in the summer than in the winter?
- Is your house unshaded or only lightly shaded (by trees or other nearby structures)?
- Does your house have a large roof surface facing south, southeast, or southwest?
- Does your property have open, unshaded ground near the house (within 100 feet)?
If the answer to one or more of these questions is “yes,” then you may be a good candidate for solar.
Here are a few questions that answering “yes” means you are a prime candidate for solar:
- Does your house have a large, open, unshaded roof facing directly south?
- Does your house (or garage) have a standing-seam metal roof?
- Do you think your electric rates are likely to rise in the next 5-20 years?
- Do you plan to be in your home for the next 10+ years?
- Are you green-leaning? Do you want to take steps to live a greener lifestyle?
- Are you concerned about power outages? Would you like to have power during grid blackouts?
If you can answer “yes” to any of these questions, you should definitely take a good, hard look at solar. You can begin by getting in touch with us through our web form:
Our website has some good information for you: