Is your current job not providing the challenge that you need? Want to work on a team that is mission aligned, pays you well and has lots of work?
There is a position for you, if you are a Electrician and have interests in working on a mix of Residential, Government and Commercial solar projects.
Family Like Work Environment
Though our headquarters is in Athens, Ohio, we are interested and eager to have individuals who are based all across the state join our team! We serve a wide geographic market in the Midwest and beyond, and have many virtual staff working from the road and remote offices.
Third Sun Solar is a different kind of company, united by our mission to Accelerate the Shift to Clean Energy. We are a Certified B-Corp, operating with a triple bottom line commitment to people, planet and profit. Our team works hard together, but also has fun and enjoys working and playing together.
Here at Third Sun Solar, we believe that we are successful because of our people, and we’re proud to provide competitive compensation and benefits packages. We promote from within and are in an exciting, rapidly growing industry with many opportunities for training and advancement. This position is full-time.
We are the number one solar installer in Ohio (as ranked in the Solar Power World 2018 top 500). Google us – we’ve been in the business a long time and know what it’s like to run a successful company. Get up to speed by following us on Facebook.
The Job Description
Primarily responsible for the installation of the electrical components of a Solar PV system. Travel is required within Ohio and surrounding states. Full time – M-Th/F – 10 hour shifts typical.
- Installation: Work with the installation team to build solar electrical systems for residential and commercial customers. Installing conduit, mounting equipment, and wiring electrical components. Connecting of the Solar PV systems into existing electrical systems and running data cable to set up monitoring systems.
- Management: Required to manage tasks and work schedule. Along with coordinating the installation work and inspections with local permitting authorities and utilities. May be required to oversee other members of the team in training of electrical installation.
- Communication: Working under the direction of the Project Managers, and in coordination with all members of the Third Sun Solar, LLC., team to ensure that all parties are communicated with and working toward our values.
- Physical: Working on lifts, ladders, rooftops, and other hard to access areas. Manual dexterity required for frequent reaching, climbing, and lifting of objects up to 75lbs. You will also be required to operation power tools. Ares of work could be in confined spaces, with variable weather, and variable heights.
- Safety: Required to wear all safety gear and perform all safety as required by the policies of Third Sun Solar, LLC. It is also your responsibility to ensure that all vehicle safety is followed such as no distracted driving, and ensuring your assigned vehicle is clean and organized.
- High School Diploma required
- At least six to twelve months experience working on residential and commercial electrical systems
- Proficiency working with and bending all sizes of metallic and PVC conduit
- Understanding of the National Electric Code and applying it to electrical installations and service work
- Experience trouble shooting electrical systems in a residential and commercial environment
- Experience working with power generation systems
- Experience with Solar Photovoltaics is a plus
- Basic computer proficiency, including the use of applications on a cell phone
- Experience running data cable and working with monitoring systems
- Must be willing and have the ability for 2 to 4 nights of weekly overnight travel
- Must have the ability to qualify for a drug and alcohol-free work place policy including annual and random testing.
- Ability to read, and analyze plan sets processes and procedures
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs. frequently
- They must be punctual and willing to work in a fast-paced environment
Here’s the Good News
Working somewhere now? We understand and will keep your inquiry confidential. If you’re curious and want to know more, we would be happy to answer any questions you have over the phone.
What To Do Next
- Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
P.S. This opportunity starts right away. So send over your information so we can get you on board, ASAP.