I highly recommend Third Sun Solar. My community’s zoning code did not address solar panels so they worked with me and the local officials to establish a code. It was a long process but the code is now in place and my solar panels are now in place which will hopefully encourage more neighbors to also go solar. Great company, very good people.
Ohio Solar Incentives
It’s going to be a busy year for solar and our installation schedule is filling up faster than usual this year! We are already scheduling installations for the spring 2019. Why the rush? Because 2019 is the final year to get the full 30% federal tax credit before it drops.
What is the 30% Federal Tax Credit?
Otherwise known as the Investment Tax Credit, the Solar Tax Credit allows you to deduct 30% of the cost of your solar system from your federal taxes.
Put simply: if you spend $20,000 on your solar system, you pay $6,000 less in taxes when you file. The tax credit is different than a refund in that, you do have to owe taxes to claim the credit. If the credit is larger than your tax liability in the first year, the remaining amount can be applied the next year. Generally, all expenses included in the quote you receive from your Solar Consultant can be included in the deduction. There is no cap on the value of the credit, and it is available to both residential and commercial customers. Every tax situation is different, however. While we at Third Sun Solar are experts on all things solar, we do not provide tax advice and encourage you to consult with your accountant.
How long will the federal tax credit stay in effect?
The solar tax credit will remain at 30% for solar systems completed and placed in service before December 31, 2019. The tax credit will be reduced to 26% in 2021 and then to 22% in 2022. After 2022, there will be no solar tax credit for residential customers but a 10% credit for commercial entities will remain
Other reasons to go solar in 2019:
- Third Sun Solar is now offering ZERO DOWN financing! These solar friendly low interest loan options are easy to understand and are available to most customers depending on credit
- Electricity prices continue to rise and are never paid off. While solar prices are at an all-time low, energy prices are expected to maintain their annual tick upward, forever…
- If you live in a metropolitan area in Ohio: Dayton, Cincinatti, Cleveland, Columbus you may be eligible for the Energy Conservation for Ohioans, or ECOLink program. ECOLink provides up to a 3% interest rate reduction for up to seven years on bank loans when you complete energy efficient upgrades to your home.
Homeowners are realizing the return on investment will increase when you go solar before 2020. There has never been a better time to go solar in Ohio. Since the initiation of the Investment Tax Credit, the cost of solar as dropped as solar technology and the efficiency of our installation team has improved. The cost of waiting is not worth the cost of losing out on the 30% tax incentive.
Why Third Sun Solar?
- 19 Years of experience designing and installing solar in Ohio
- Over 900 clean energy installations under our belt
- Licensed electrical and general contractor
- AMICUS Partner
- Certified B-Corp
- Woman Owned Small Business
Our schedule is filling up quickly. We urge you to make the most of the final months left to receive the full 30% federal tax incentive.
Learn how easy it is to go solar by submitting a form here, or by calling 877-Own-Solar to speak with one of our qualified solar consultants today.
Third Sun Solar is one of Ohio’s oldest and largest full service solar companies. We have spent the past 19 years installing over 900 solar systems throughout Ohio and the surrounding states, and
have built an exceptional reputation for expert design, installation and customer service as we help people go solar.
We are a mission driven company and also a certified B-Corp, which means we walk our talk when it comes to our values as a business committed not just to sustainable profitability and growth, but to serving people and the planet as well.
Our mission is “To empower people to save the planet with clean energy”. Our team works hard toward this goal everyday at a company built on a strong foundation made up of the following core values:
• We are here to serve
• We are reliable
• We are driven
• We value growth
Do you have a passion for the environment and wish to make a difference in the world while also joining one of the fastest growing industries in the country?
Do you have marketing, sales and/or business experience and love communicating with people?
Are you a driven and well-organized overachiever ready to turn your talents toward our planet’s future?
If so, then you may be the type of person we are looking for. Only the best of the best will have the opportunity to join our team. If this is you, please see the position details below.
• Deadline to apply – November 12th, 2018
• This position is targeted to begin December 3rd, 2018 (flexible)
• To apply, please submit resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
• We apologize in advance- you will only hear from us if invited to interview
• NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Marketing Specialist Position Description
We are seeking an experienced general marketer with a passion for renewable energy to be “the voice” of Third Sun Solar. The ideal candidate will work with leadership and the sales team to create a variety of content (written, graphic, video) and deploy that content online to generate high quality leads. This position will also serve as the initial point of contact for resulting phone and email inquiries, educating the public about solar and qualifying the leads. He or she will enter these leads in the CRM system and distribute them to the sales team.
We are looking for candidates with hands on experience with content creation and marketing, You will be responsible to generate a predictable stream of high quality leads from the residential,
commercial and agricultural sectors, and the number and conversion percentage of these leads will be an important measurement of your success. This one-of-a-kind position is full-time and based in our Athens office.
• Serve as the initial point of contact for phone and email inquiries, qualifying prospects and logging into the CRM for assignment to the sales team or further nurturing.
• Collaborate closely with sales team to develop collateral such as video and website content, newsletters and blog posts, sell sheets, presentations, case studies and any other content that is
needed for campaigns.
• Implement targeted marketing campaigns co-developed with company leadership.
• Build marketing automation campaigns to nurture prospects from first contact to sale.
• Use CRM reports to measure success and efficiency of campaigns, channels and tactics.
• User follow up surveys and completed project follow up calls to track customer satisfaction
and cultivate long term referrals.
The Ideal Candidate has:
• Passion to work for a fast-growing, world-changing, mission-driven company.
• Relevant marketing experience for a sales-driven business, or for an agency with relevant client experience.
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Knowledge of marketing concepts, messaging and brand positioning
• Has a proven track record developing marketing materials and a variety of content (written
copy, graphics and video)
• Experience working in Salesforce (or equivalent CRM system) and WordPress (or other web publishing platforms)
• Expertise in all aspects of digital marketing including SEO, adword strategy and social media targeting.
Compensation and Benefits
We pride ourselves on offering a great workplace culture, awesome co-workers and leadership, and an attractive competitive compensation package with opportunities for advancement.
• Base salary commensurate with experience
• Variety of company health insurance plans with $3,240 company contribution per employee
• Optional Dental and vision insurance plan with $330 company contribution per employee
• Simple IRA retirement with employer match up to 3% of salary
• Paid holidays, vacation and personal days
• Discounts and promotions for employee purchased solar system
• Expert solar training with the region’s leading solar electric provider
• Career growth path opportunities
Third Sun Solar is the region’s leading solar company and has been designing and installing high-performance solar energy systems since 2000. Our fully trained and NABCEP certified
solar professionals ensure that our customers get the very best and safest installation. Third Sun Solar founder Geoff Greenfield serves on the NABCEP Board of Directors, and the company
has been on the INC list of fastest growing companies five years in a row. Our success is based on awesome customer service and customers spreading the word about us to their friends and neighbors. Third Sun Solar is a certified B-Corp, reflecting our commitment to operating as a triple bottom line company focused on People, Planet and Profit. Our mission
is the “To empower people to save the planet with clean energy”, and we are proud that our passion, dedication and expertise shine through as we help our customers achieve their solar
Company website: http://www.thirdsunsolar.com
Third Sun Solar named the top Ohio solar contractor in Solar Power World’s 2018 Top 500 Solar Contractors List
Announced this week, Third Sun Solar, a leading provider of commercial, public sector and residential solar solutions, has been named the top solar provider in the Ohio as part of the 2018 Solar Power World Top 500 Solar Contractors List. Nationwide, the company was ranked #28 among firms offering engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services to commercial clients, and #160 overall. For 19 years, Third Sun Solar has designed, engineered and built projects across the Midwest, delivering thousands of kilowatts (kW) of solar solutions across 14 states.
The Top Solar Contractors list was developed by Solar Power World in 2012 to recognize the work completed by solar contractors across the United States. Produced annually, the Top Solar Contractors list celebrates the achievements of U.S. solar developers, subcontractors and installers within the utility, commercial and residential markets, and the 2018 list was released on July 24th. Solar Power World is the industry’s leading source for technology, development and installation news. Ranks are determined by the number of kilowatts (DC) a company was involved with installing in 2017 in the United States only.
“Solar Power World is very excited about the 2018 class of Top Solar Contractors,” said Kelly Pickerel, editor in chief of Solar Power World. “We’re happy to feature a strong group of thriving U.S. solar installers on the 2018 Top Solar Contractors list. These companies truly are at the top of their markets.”
“We are honored to be recognized by Solar Power World as one of the top solar companies in the United States and number one in Ohio. Our growth has accelerated as building and homeowners learn that solar is now cost effective in the Midwest. While demand is driven by solar’s strong economics, our success is driven by our great team of electricians, designers, consultants and office staff”, said Geoff Greenfield, Third Sun Solar’s founder.
According to Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) and Greentech Media Research’s recent U.S. Solar Market Insight report, the U.S. installed 2.5 gigawatts (GW) of solar PV capacity in Q1 2018 to reach 55.9 GW of total installed capacity, enough to power 10.7 million American homes. This represents a 13 percent increase year-over-year.2 “Total installed U.S. PV capacity is expected to more than double over the next five years, and by 2023, over 14 GW of PV capacity will be installed annually,” the report notes, predicting serious growth for solar in the next few years.
About Third Sun Solar
Third Sun Solar is a full-service clean energy company serving homeowners, businesses, institutions and government entities across the Midwest. It is a licensed electrical and general contractor that has installed more than 900 projects and thousands of solar modules in 14 states since our start in 2000. Additionally, Third Sun Solar is a woman-owned, certified B-Corporation with the mission to empower people to save the planet with clean energy. Its team of solar consultants, designers, financing experts and NABCEP-certified installers work to make solar easy by delivering high performance and long lasting solar solutions using its optimized design process. Getting solar proposals is easy with Third Sun Solar, to do so, call in for a 5-minute consultation, and upon receipt of basic information including address, energy bills, and the age of your roof, Third Sun Solar can provide a detailed quote. For more information, visit Third Sun Solar.
About Solar Power World
Solar Power World is the leading online and print resource for news and information regarding solar installation, development and technology. Since 2011, SPW has helped U.S. solar contractors—including installers, developers and EPCs in all markets—grow their businesses and do their jobs better.
Media Contact- Third Sun Solar