Most of the potential issues facing modules are covered by manufacturer’s warranties. Apart from those issues, we have replaced panels for the following reasons, not covered by warranties:
- Tree branch fell on array
- UPS truck backed into array
- Bullets fell from sky and pierced panels
This is what insurance is for.
However, the bulk of potential solar panel damage can be mitigated by choosing an experienced solar installer and using top-quality equipment.
We know of other installers who have replaced modules for these reasons:
- Baseball cracked modules mounted in the outfield of a ballpark
- System caught fire due to combination of poor design and poor installation
- Wind blew apart a poorly designed or poorly installed solar array