2015, A Landmark Year for Solar
As we reflect on 2015, it seems likely that it will be a year remembered for landmark actions taken in defense of the planet. The Clean Power Plan passed, the ITC was extended, and a historic international agreement was made in Paris at the COP 21 summit to reduce emissions globally. It was a lot to take in and fully digest, so we decided to pull together a short list of must read articles that wrap up 2015 and get us energized for 2016.
The future for renewable energy is looking bright!
- Have you been wondering what The Clean Power Plan means for solar?
- Solar advocates around the country rejoice! The ITC tax credit gets extended and its a BIG deal.
- The Paris Agreement that came out of the COP 21 summit spells out the end to fossil fuels.
- Not all the news was positive; Bailouts continued here at home for some utilities.
- Many countries around the world are switching to renewables and you’d be very surprised by who’s on the list: Saudi Arabia, Uruguay, and United Arab Emirates (Just to name a few).
- Bonus! Here’s one more just for fun: some very unusual places you might see solar.
Cheers to a Happy Solar New Year!