About the Business
At Third Sun Solar, we are here to serve by creating business as a force for good and making the planet a better place. Our teams are serving our customers, each other, the community, and stakeholders, which ultimately shows in the genuine pride our team takes in delivering the very best solar solutions.
We are reliable. Our team is filled with dependable, honest, and reliable people. We keep our promises and strive to do it right the first time.
Our team is driven. We are passionate about solar, and that shows in every project that the Third Sun Solar team completes. The team does what it takes to ensure the finest system and the best customer experience, and we take pride in our dedication in doing things right.
Third Sun Solar values growth. We have been in business for over twenty years and we have a bright future ahead. Our hunger for knowledge and continuous improvement keeps us at the top of our ever-evolving industry. Our staff are on the pulse of cutting-edge solar advancements. We strive for greatness and are not satisfied with the status quo.
Not only do we operate our team with a clear mission and values, we are a certified B Corporation. That means we operate with a triple bottom line commitment to people (our employees and their families, our clients and residents of the communities where we do business), the planet (we appreciate the wonders of nature and believe that a habitable plant is worth fighting for), and profit (generating capital to keep increasing our impact and revenue to share among our team and partners).
We are a talented team of electricians, crew, project managers, engineers, finance, supply chain, permitting, and veteran community members, who are all excited about crafting beautiful solar systems to enable our communities to power their lives with clean energy.
Third Sun Solar is committed to providing our staff with competitive wages, health care benefits, travel expenses, paid holidays, vacation, and a caring, flexible, vision and value-oriented work environment.
Are you interested in joining an established team? We are hiring a Commercial Solar Consultant for the Ohio region.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Commercial Solar Consultant will be part of the Growth Team. They will build strong relationships with commercial businesses and strive to exceed customer expectations in a no-pressure consultative process. Actively identify and pursue their own leads in addition to receiving leads from the company. Evaluate customer needs and goals, address customer’s questions and concerns, and then develop solar electric solutions that are optimized for each customer using an automated design and proposal tool. In this position, you are required to spend much of your time traveling to and visiting with prospective customers at their business locations, and being the primary external representative of the company, in which a sense of expertise in services and capabilities offered.
- Culture and Values Cultivation: Works to nurture the created culture of success, and the execution of a purpose-driven and values-based organizational culture. Executes the clear vision set forth and is accountable for the results of your work in adherence to policy and processes.
- Sales and Revenue: Produce sales/revenue through prospecting, lead generation, and referrals. Create proposals and answer requests for proposals. Provide market intel and attend networking events. Primary sales will be in the commercial space.
- Business Development: Prospect and qualify self-generated leads, which includes a full life cycle business development from lead generation to referral network. This includes attending networking events to promote Third Sun Solar and generate new leads.
- Technical: Utilize Third Sun Solar and industry tools to generate project proposals/quotes for customers, by using additional tools to analyze customer’s current and projected electrical usage and calculate financial return on investment and economic payback. In some cases, work with the Director of Sales and Marketing, Design Engineer, Project Manager, or other members of the Operations Team to design the commercial solar system and produce the quote and proposal.
- Software: Maintain prospects/projects in Salesforce or similar CRM
- • Minimum of two years of a proven track record of B2B sales experience, in a commercial setting, preferred
• Proven track record in selling residential and commercial solar
• Experience in closing highly competitive commercial sales in a business setting
• Strong track record of full cycle business development
• Hunter mentality with the ability to excel at self-generating leads and winning new business
• Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed monthly sales targets
• Strong track record of achievement as evidenced by sales awards, beating quota, building a new book of business or growing a market, etc.
• Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel, and CRM
• Desire to stay on the leading edge of the solar and renewable energies industry
• Excellent customer service skills
• Electrical, construction, and roofing experience is not required, but success will require developing a working knowledge and aptitude in these areas
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• NABCEP PV Technical Sales Board Certification required within six months of employment
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, and governmental regulations
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- IRA Retirement Account
If you’re interested in learning more about working with us, please send us an email letting us know what you are great at and why we would be better with you on our team: Careers@ThirdSunSolar.com
Third Sun Solar is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.