Is your current job not providing the challenge that you need? Want to work on a team that is mission aligned, pays you well and has lots of work?
There is a position for you, if you are a Crew Lead (and Instillation Technician) and have interests in working on a mix of Residential, Government and Commercial solar projects.
Family Like Work Environment
Though our headquarters is in Athens, Ohio, we are interested and eager to have individuals who are based all across the state join our team! We serve a wide geographic market in the Midwest and beyond, and have many virtual staff working from the road and remote offices.
Third Sun Solar is a different kind of company, united by our mission to Accelerate the Shift to Clean Energy. We are a Certified B-Corp, operating with a triple bottom line commitment to people, planet and profit. Our team works hard together, but also has fun and enjoys working and playing together.
Here at Third Sun Solar, we believe that we are successful because of our people, and we’re proud to provide competitive compensation and benefits packages. We promote from within and are in an exciting, rapidly growing industry with many opportunities for training and advancement. This position is full-time.
We are the number one solar installer in Ohio (as ranked in the Solar Power World 2018 top 500). Google us – we’ve been in the business a long time and know what it’s like to run a successful company. Get up to speed by following us on Facebook.
The Job Description
Primarily responsible for the leading of the installation crew and the installation and service of the components of a Solar PV system. Travel is required within Ohio and surrounding states. Full time – M-Th/F – 10 hour shifts typical.
- Installation: Work with other team members of the installation team to build solar electrical systems for residential and commercial customers. Installing solar panels and their components on roofs and ground mounted racking systems.
- Management: Required to manage your time and your installation teams time to ensure that all standard policies, practices, and guidelines are followed. You will lead your team to ensure quality and efficiencies and provide guidance to your team during the installation process and as questions arise.
- Communication: Working under the direction of the Project Managers, and in coordination with all members of the Third Sun Solar, LLC., team to ensure that all parties are communicated with and working toward our values. Effective leadership communication is required.
- Physical: Working on lifts, ladders, rooftops, and other hard to access areas. Manual dexterity required for frequent reaching, climbing, and lifting of objects up to 75lbs. You will also be required to operate power tools. Ares of work could be in confined spaces, with variable weather, and variable heights.
- Safety: Required to wear all safety gear and perform all safety as required by the policies of Third Sun Solar, LLC. It is also your responsibility to ensure that all vehicle safety is followed such as no distracted driving, and ensuring your assigned vehicle is clean and organized.
- High School Diploma required
- At least 1 year of experience in a leader/supervisory role of a construction team
- At least 2 years of construction experience is required
- Understanding the basic concepts of construction and renewable energy
- Basic computer proficiency, including the use of applications on a cell phone
- Must be willing and have the ability for 2 to 4 nights of weekly overnight travel
- Must have the ability to qualify for a drug and alcohol-free work place policy including annual and random testing.
- Ability to read, and analyze plan sets processes and procedures
- Capacity to have strong customer communication & relationship building skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license & good driving record
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs. frequently
- They must be punctual and willing to work in a fast-paced environment
Here’s the Good News
Working somewhere now? We understand and will keep your inquiry confidential. If you’re curious and want to know more, we would be happy to answer any questions you have over the phone.
What To Do Next
- Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
P.S. This opportunity starts right away. So send over your information so we can get you on board, ASAP.