Are you ready to work for a team that is accelerating the shift to clean energy by creating solar systems, services, and solutions based on core values for the past 20 years?
About the Business
At Third Sun Solar, we are here to serve by creating business as a force for good and making the planet a better place. Our teams are serving our customers, each other, the community, and stakeholders, which ultimately shows in the genuine pride our team takes in delivering the very best solar solutions.
We are reliable. Our team is filled with dependable, honest, and reliable people. We keep our promises and strive to do it right the first time.
Our team is driven. We are passionate about solar, and that shows in every project that the Third Sun Solar team completes. The team does what it take to ensure the finest system and the best customer experience, and we take pride in our dedication in doing things right.
Third Sun Solar values growth. We have been in business for twenty years and we have a bright future ahead. Our hunger for knowledge and continuous improvement keeps us at the top of our ever-evolving industry. Our staff are on the pulse of cutting-edge solar advancements. We strive for greatness and are not satisfied with the status quo.
Not only do we operate our team with a clear mission and values, we are a certified B Corporation. That means we operate with a triple bottom line commitment to people (our employees and their families, our clients and residents of the communities where we do business), the planet (we appreciate the wonders of nature and believe that a habitable plant is worth fighting for), and profit (generating capital to keep increasing our impact and revenue to share among our team and partners).
We are a talented team of electricians, crew, project managers, engineers, finance, supply chain, permitting, and veteran community members, who are all excited about crafting beautiful solar systems to enable our communities to power their lives with clean energy.
Third Sun Solar is committed to providing our staff with competitive wages, health care benefits, travel expenses, paid holidays, vacation, and a caring, flexible, vision and value-oriented work environment.
Are you interested in joining an established team? We are hiring an Operations Leader for our Athens, Ohio office.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Operations Leader will be a member of our Executive Leadership Team, reporting to the President. This position will lead the operations team and direct all operational activities.
- You will be responsible for creating a culture of success and improve a purpose-driven and values based organizational culture that attracts, retains, motivates high performing operational employees, by leading managing, and providing accountability to the operational team.
- Create a clear vision that is attainable, manage by executing on the vision, and be accountable for results and adherence to policy and procedures. You will also have an active role in strategic planning and company leadership
- Growing the profitability and operations by successfully constructing projects with high quality experience, and ensure the team meets or exceeds profit targets
- Manages and leads the operational team in residential and commercial solar projects. You will ensure that scheduling, resource planning, design and builds are completed with white glove customer service
- Work with sub-contractors, corporate clients, vendors and with the team to problem solve, provide technical knowledge, coach, train, and develop the operations or partnerships for Third Sun Solar
- Creating, maintaining, and holding the operational team accountable for key performance indicators. You will create baseline measurements so that trend analysis can be performed, and data driven decisions can be made
- Profitable operations that results in meeting targeted monthly and annual goals
- Assesses operations on an ongoing basis and making any necessary adjustments. Providing an accurate schedule and capacity forecasting in order to feed into the financial plan and reporting
- Process documentation and continual improvement that includes training on operational processes
- Safety operations of the team by creating, revising, and enforcing safety policies and procedures
- Works with many of the company’s computer software such as project management, Auto Cad, and the full Microsoft Suite
- Associates Degree required. Bachelor’s Degree, certificate or coursework in Construction Management preferred
- Experience in solar, construction, or an engineering related industry
- Five years successful track record of operations leadership
- Be able to work in a flexible, “roll up your sleeves” and dynamic work environment
- Proven track record of building and growing operations and profitability in a service, project delivery, or similar solutions or construction focused business
- Highly proficient in the use of analytics for operations, coaching and trend analysis
- Computer Skills: Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Suite and experience using Project Management Software that includes the usage of Gantt charts, and Auto Cad
- Experience working with customers and in the formal construction bid and request for proposal process
- Professional experience in the private sector and government contracting, not required, but ideal
- The ability to provide construction costs and times estimating to commercial and residential projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and advanced reasoning abilities to problems and data and leadership
- Athens, Ohio
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- IRA Retirement Account
If you’re interested in learning more about working with us, please send us your resume and include a cover letter letting us know what you are great at and why we would be better with you on our team: Careers@ThirdSunSolar.com
Third Sun Solar is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.