Are you ready to work for a team that is accelerating the shift to clean energy by creating solar systems, services, and solutions based on core values for the past 20 years?
About the Business
At Third Sun Solar, we are here to serve by creating business as a force for good and making the planet a better place. Our teams are serving our customers, each other, the community, and stakeholders, which ultimately shows in the genuine pride our team takes in delivering the very best solar solutions.
We are reliable. Our team is filled with dependable, honest, and reliable people. We keep our promises and strive to do it right the first time.
Our team is driven. We are passionate about solar, and that shows in every project that the Third Sun Solar team completes. The team does what it take to ensure the finest system and the best customer experience, and we take pride in our dedication in doing things right.
Third Sun Solar values growth. We have been in business for twenty years and we have a bright future ahead. Our hunger for knowledge and continuous improvement keeps us at the top of our ever-evolving industry. Our staff are on the pulse of cutting-edge solar advancements. We strive for greatness and are not satisfied with the status quo.
Not only do we operate our team with a clear mission and values, we are a certified B Corporation. That means we operate with a triple bottom line commitment to people (our employees and their families, our clients and residents of the communities where we do business), the planet (we appreciate the wonders of nature and believe that a habitable plant is worth fighting for), and profit (generating capital to keep increasing our impact and revenue to share among our team and partners).
We are a talented team of electricians, crew, project managers, engineers, finance, supply chain, permitting, and veteran community members, who are all excited about crafting beautiful solar systems to enable our communities to power their lives with clean energy.
Third Sun Solar is committed to providing our staff with competitive wages, health care benefits, travel expenses, paid holidays, vacation, and a caring, flexible, vision and value-oriented work environment.
Are you interested in joining an established team? We are hiring a Project Manager for our Athens, Ohio office.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Project Manager will be part of the Operations Team and will manage commercial projects from large to small scale and residential projects from inception through installation and commissioning of Solar PV System.
- Nurtures the created culture of success and execution of a purpose-driven and values-based organization to successfully lead, manage, and be accountable for company projects
- Project Manages the successful installation of large to small scale commercial and residential projects
- Coordinates with operational units to ensure plan sets, permits, materials, installation crew, electricians, utilities, permitting agencies, subcontractors, and customers are ready for each install
- Creates bill of materials for each job and provides to procurement team
- Works with engineering to ensure that plan sets are accurate and delivered in the timeframe that allows for permitting and material ordering
- Negotiates contract, scheduling and planning for all subcontractors
- Ensures that all inspections are successfully completed, customers system is commissioned, and working as deemed in the customer contract
- Ensures that all projects are completed utilizing Third Sun Solar’s Safety policy and procedures
- Delivers white glove treatment to all customers promoting the highest level of quality with customers, employees, vendors, and community
- Reports against Key performance Indicators and metrics that are set forth to measure
- Accountable for maintaining a profitable operation that results in meeting the target budgets of each project, by reviewing each project you are assigned on an ongoing basis and making necessary adjustments
- Provide an accurate schedule and capacity forecasting plan
- Creates, updates, and trains on processes as it relates to project management and the impact to the operational team
- Works with many of the company’s computer software such as project management, Auto Cad, and the full Microsoft Suite
- Associates Degree required. Certificate in construction or solar preferred
- Experience in solar, construction, or an engineering related industry managing contractors
- Successful track record of project management in large scale commercial work
- Be able to work in a flexible, “roll up your sleeves” and dynamic work environment
- Proven track record of building and managing projects within their forecasted budgets
- Highly proficient in the use of analytics for operations, coaching and trend analysis
- Computer Skills: Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Suite and experience using Project Management Software that includes the usage of Gantt charts, and Auto Cad
- Experience working with customers and in the formal construction bid, subcontractor bids, and request for proposal process
- Professional experience in the private sector and government contracting, not required, but ideal
- Has the ability to provide internal and external customer service in accordance with the culture and values of the company
- Experience reading blueprints
- The ability to provide construction costs and times estimating to commercial and residential projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and advanced reasoning abilities to problems and data and leadership
- Athens, Ohio
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- IRA Retirement Account
If you’re interested in learning more about working with us, please send us your resume and include a cover letter letting us know what you are great at and why we would be better with you on our team: Careers@ThirdSunSolar.com
Third Sun Solar is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.