Are you ready to work for a team that is accelerating the shift to clean energy by creating solar systems, services, and solutions based on core values for the past 20 years?
About the Business
At Third Sun Solar, we are here to serve by creating business as a force for good and making the planet a better place. Our teams are serving our customers, each other, the community, and stakeholders, which ultimately shows in the genuine pride our team takes in delivering the very best solar solutions.
We are reliable. Our team is filled with dependable, honest, and reliable people. We keep our promises and strive to do it right the first time.
Our team is driven. We are passionate about solar, and that shows in every project that the Third Sun Solar team completes. The team does what it take to ensure the finest system and the best customer experience, and we take pride in our dedication in doing things right.
Third Sun Solar values growth. We have been in business for twenty years and we have a bright future ahead. Our hunger for knowledge and continuous improvement keeps us at the top of our ever-evolving industry. Our staff are on the pulse of cutting-edge solar advancements. We strive for greatness and are not satisfied with the status quo.
Not only do we operate our team with a clear mission and values, we are a certified B Corporation. That means we operate with a triple bottom line commitment to people (our employees and their families, our clients and residents of the communities where we do business), the planet (we appreciate the wonders of nature and believe that a habitable plant is worth fighting for), and profit (generating capital to keep increasing our impact and revenue to share among our team and partners).
We are a talented team of electricians, crew, project managers, engineers, finance, supply chain, permitting, and veteran community members, who are all excited about crafting beautiful solar systems to enable our communities to power their lives with clean energy.
Third Sun Solar is committed to providing our staff with competitive wages, health care benefits, travel expenses, paid holidays, vacation, and a caring, flexible, vision and value-oriented work environment.
Are you interested in joining an established team? We are hiring a Solar Operations Specialist for Athens, Ohio, and surrounding area.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Solar Operations Specialist will be part of our Operations Team. This position requires you to be flexible in your workflow between solar installation, site audits, and service work as assigned based on current needs. Travel is required within Ohio and surrounding states.
- Join the installation team to build solar electric systems for residential and commercial customers. Installing solar panels and their components on roofs and ground mounted racking systems
- Perform service on solar systems to ensure they are operating to their best efficiency. This will include the coordination, communication, troubleshooting, and performing the actual service on the system. You will coordinate with the Service Manager to ensure all customer and Third Sun Solar expectations are met
- Complete site visits at commercial and residential customers, by coordinating with the customer for your arrival to complete the site visit. As part of the site visit, you will be required to gather photos, measurements, and other applicable materials to ensure that our engineering and operations teams are able to efficiently install a quality solar system
- Must always be 100% safety requirements during your work
- Maintain a clean vehicle, and a safe and clean work environment
- Communicate with all members of the team and ensure that you are exhibiting all company values
- Two years or more experience in the solar industry
- Experience working on the electrical components of a solar system
- Construction experience preferred
- Understanding and the ability to incorporate a high level of knowledge and concepts of construction and renewable energy into your daily workflow
- Must be able to climb ladders, lift +50lbs repetitively, and work on sloped roofs in all weather conditions
- Ability to read, and analyze plan sets, processes, and procedures along with the general ability to communicate and read information provided to the employee
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions, including the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions
- Must be willing and have the ability for 2 to 4 nights of weekly overnight travel
- Must have strong customer/people relationship skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Basic computer proficiency, including the use of applications on a cell phone
- Basic math skills required
- Must have the ability to qualify for a drug and alcohol-free workplace policy including annual and random testing
- Have obtained or the ability to obtain your OSHA 30 certification
- Possess a valid driver license with a clean driving record
- Athens, Ohio
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- IRA Retirement Account
If you’re interested in learning more about working with us, please send us your resume and include a cover letter letting us know what you are great at and why we would be better with you on our team: Careers@ThirdSunSolar.com
Third Sun Solar is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.